International Yiddish Event
Sholem Aleichem From Every Continent!
When he passed away in 1916, Sholem Aleichem, the most beloved Yiddish writer of all time, requested in his will that his family and friends mark his yortsayt
with readings from his works. “Better to be remembered with laughter,
than not at all,” he said.
This year’s Zoom craze has given us a special opportunity.
The Congress for Jewish Culture and
The California Institute for Yiddish Culture and Language
With the participation of international Yiddish stars
- Mike Burstyn (Los Angeles)
- Mendy Cahan (Tel Aviv)
- Raphe Crystal (Bronx)
- Friends from the Dora Wasserman Yiddish Theatre (Montreal)
- Elisa Gray and Tomi Kalinski (Melbourne)
- Lea Koenig (Tel Aviv)
- Miwa Kogure and Wataru Ohkuma (Tokyo)
- Caely-Jo Levy (Cape Town)
- Sasha Lurje (Berlin)
- Eleanor Reissa (New York)
- Miryem-Khaye Seigel (Brooklyn)
- Yelena Shmulenson (New York)
- Zisl Slepovitch (Brooklyn)
- Viver com Yiddish (Rio de Janeiro)
bring you an ALL-YIDDISH program with an international lineup of guests
from every inhabited continent (negotiations with the last Yiddish-speaking
king penguin in Antarctica fell through).
1 PM Mexico City
2 PM New York
8 PM Paris
9 PM Tel Aviv